[CQ-Contest] RTTY and Keyboard Lockups

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Tue Jan 8 16:12:20 EST 2008

I had a great time in the Round Up....what a fun contest even with a moderate station.  What do all you RTTY expert contesters do to keep RF out of the keyboard.  Now, I did not use the keyboard a lot, but when I had to, it seems to double each key ssttrrookkee.  I am assuming that was some sort of RFI issue with the keyboard.  I have it choked off with about 4 clip on beads, but I think I an going to have to wind the cable on a toroid.  Anyone have any experience with this issues?

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?