[CQ-Contest] RG-6 connector issues/ rcv array

Mike Fatchett W0MU w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri Jan 18 17:45:52 EST 2008

Just a heads up.  I was having some problems with my 4sq receiving array and
found that the coax was pulling back from the connectors so that there was
no contact being made.  These were on high quality cable and the compression
connectors.  I built this antenna when it was warm.  It is now very cold and
been below zero.  I wonder if that has anything to do with this issue.

Hopefully now I will see some better performance out of the array.

I also found that one of my ground had been removed, probably by the horses.

Mike W0MU