[CQ-Contest] Some people don't think much of hams

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 18:38:30 EST 2008

"I am ashamed tonight that I am a Republican!" remarked one ham radio viewer. "[Romney] speaks in derogatory tones about hams. He certainly shows an ignorance as to what we do and are capable of. I suggest a grass roots campaign of local hams calling the State House and The Governor's Office to protest."
While this certainly comes to mind, it may be more productive to write letters... to your own State House, and Governor, rather than call.
  One point is absolutely certain, in this world of highly paid pros doing a whole lot of public awareness education... it may be that amatuer radio should improve its image too.--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> From: w8ji at contesting.com> To: 160m at mailman.qth.net> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:24:24 -0500> CC: secc at contesting.com; cq-contest at contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some people don't think much of hams> > http://ema.arrl.org/article.php?sid=802