[CQ-Contest] Another way to be a lid

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Sun Jan 20 10:40:45 EST 2008

Alternate subject: Belated apology

Back in NAQP CW I was on for a few hours Saturday night.  (I've been too busy to post this since then.)  I was calling CQ and got the beginning of a response when K1DG called in, louder and faster.  Of course I took 'DG, but as I made a typo in his call ("K1DV"), too late to correct and hit F2.  No problem; I'll use the paddles.

Right hand reaches for paddles; left hand reaches for keyer speed knob; right foot reaches for footswitch -- where the *&%^ is the footswitch (accompanied by groping with feet).  It seems I had kicked it way back under the desk.  By the time I found it, it was too late to work anybody.

(Notice that this problem would not have happened with paper logging :>)  )

So, apologies to 'DG and to the other op, for wasting your time and for sounding like a lid.

Just please don't think I was ignoring you to do something with the second radio.  I don't have a second radio, and I think it's unethical when somebody does that to me.

73, Art K3KU