[CQ-Contest] Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

Alfred Frugoli alfred.frugoli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:30:08 EST 2008

Ed,

The problem here is that there is now way to verify any of this.  Anybody
can surf to www.getscores.org and it would never be apparent to the contest
sponsor or any other competitor. You only know some body is "using"
getscores.org when the post to it, as that is when their callsign appears.
IMHO, posting to getscores.org does not put you into an assisted category,
but looking at it might.

As for your comments about being able to see K1BX, W3LL or N5AW, I don't see
how helpful this would be, except maybe in the case of K1BX.  The others are
significantly further south (better chance for high band propagation into
EU) or west (behind the east coast wall) to be a good gauge of what to do.
I would think the information they would provide would lead you on a
potentially rate wasteful hunt that would not be productive.

73 de Al, KE1FO