[CQ-Contest] SO2R Technical Question - Round III - Antennas

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Thu Jan 24 13:46:41 EST 2008

You basically are describing two problems here. One is the proximity of the antennas to each other. With a multiband antenna and only 15 feet of seperation you may be limited to LP operation . The other problem is that your second radio setup might not be very effective. There's no definite answer to this one but you may have to adjust your expectations. If you had just one radio and just that all band vertical, how well would you do in a contest? If that radio/vertical is now the "second rig" in an SO2R setup it isn't going to magically become more effective. There's no doubt you will be learning a new skill and that you will make extra QSO's in a contest....but be ready to hit the escape key or whatever you have to do when you don't get an answer on the second rig.
73 Steve K0SR