[CQ-Contest] Kenwood for Contesting

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Sat Jan 26 19:27:45 EST 2008

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 05:51:01PM -0600, AD5VJ  Bob wrote:
> Would any of you guys consider any  Kenwood model of Contest quality?
>
> I have not heard much abt them in regards to contesting.

I have used, and continue to use, Kenwood TS-850SATs for phone contesting.
They are getting to be old, though, so reliability may be a problem.

> I have an FT-1000MP MKV with the DVS-2 and FH-1 along with the narrow CW filter, external matching speaker and of course FT-29
> external power supply and it does a fantastic job of DX and Contesting, just dont understand why I dont hear anything about Kenwood
> anymore.

Icom and Yaesu have been aggressively courting the contester/DXer niche
markets.  Kenwood has been courting other niche markets in ham radio of
late.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com