[CQ-Contest] SO1R the Lazy Man's Method

Jukka Klemola jukka.klemola at elisanet.fi
Tue Jan 29 01:57:48 EST 2008

>SO1R the Lazy Man's Method
>
>A recent email call SO1R the lazy mans way of
>contesting.  Although I appreciate the
>conviction of such a statement, I started thinking about the comment.
I >find that SO1R is not the lazy mans way of
>contesting by any means.  In fact it may
>be even harder than that of SO2R even if the SO2R has to juggle right
brain >and left brain.

>An SO1R operator has to have all the abilities of an SO2R
>operator but has to think differently because the SO1R operator has to
make
>some crucial decisions to compete.
>
>For instance.
>What it the best band to start
>How long do I stay on the band
>How to a balance rate versus multipliers
>Yes, I am looking at SO2R, not because I am torqued about the unfair
>disadvantage (I am not griping at all), but I am rather interested if I
>could run two radios at the same time.  I want to challenge myself...an
>SO1R op.  But, I am hardly a lazy SO1R op either.
>
>Lee - K0WA

Lee is clearly thinking how to utilise the station and himself as an
operator to the fullest extent in a balanced way to reach the maximum
score.

With one not-automated radio it really is more difficult to fully use
the operator's capabilities to make QSOs if the comparison is an
automated two radio system.

Epilogue:
I heard about it,
I did not understand it,