[CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat

W7TMT w7tmt at dayshaw.net
Thu Jan 31 21:09:14 EST 2008

No! Monitor all you want since that's in the data stream (given your
example). The failure starts the moment you ACT on what you heard. If you
hear something and it's just 'background noise' then no harm - no foul. If
you change your behavior, strategy, or operating in ANY WAY based on what
you heard then you have cheated. You are now "active". You are a dirt bag.

Why is this concept so hard to grasp? Is this type of behavior how we would
like our wives, kids, girl/boy friends, elderly parents to be treated in
day-to-day life interactions?  If not why is it acceptable in this sport? Is
there really any satisfaction in the so called 'victory' if this type of
behavior is what makes it possible? If there is please share that with us.
Inquiring minds want to know.

73/Patrick
W7TMT