[CQ-Contest] 4 Square/ Raised Radial Questions

k3bu at optonline.net k3bu at optonline.net
Thu Jan 31 21:50:25 EST 2008

> A StackMatch is not intended for this type of installation (K8UR <BR>> parasiticarray).
>
> This is like saying a hammer has something wrong with it since
> it needs to
> be modified to drive a screw.
>
> 73,
>
> Bob W5OV
>

>From the StackMatch manual:

"StackMatch for Verticals User's Guide
Thank you for your purchase of a WX0B StackMatch.

Users Guide
This WX0B StackMatch can be used for stacking two or three monoband verticals. It will give the user the ability to feed two or three verticals in phase giving a broadside pattern when spaced properly, and a end-fire pattern in two or three directions when each antenna is selected by itself.

Also Three verticals may be hooked up and used to achieve similar results in three directions. The procedure below is for two antennas but also can be expanded for three antennas by using the third antenna port. The three antennas are set up in a delta pattern or triangular pattern, equidistant from each other. "

Take your case with Array Solutions, it is still on their web site, advertising the StackMatch for use with two or three verticals.
I believed the claims and wasted day on beach of Cape Hatteras trying to make 3 vert array work.

I just wanted to show example when connecting the shields of phasing cables could be detrimental to the antenna's health. I apologize for apearing so stoooopid :-)

73 and have a nice day!

Yuri, K3BU.us