[CQ-Contest] Top 25 Things Vanishing From America

Julius Fazekas phriendly1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 08:44:04 EDT 2008

I thought the number of new US licenses was up slightly in the past year...

Although, judging by the regional hamfests and Dayton I've attended lately, it's not the youth of America getting tickets. There are a few, but nothing like in the 70s.

The kids coming in seem to be treated as royalty and are provided with much positive feedback. It's nice to see some becoming avid contesters too!

Hams may be on the decline in NA, but seem to be doing well in Eastern Europe and parts of Asia.

Aging is definitely an issue that dogs many of the hobbies that were once popular in the US today.

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
TnQP http://www.tnqp.org/