[CQ-Contest] Skimmer - What shall we do?

Sandy Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Tue Jun 3 09:36:34 EDT 2008

Spot on, Paul.

73, Kelly
Ve4xt

-----Original Message-----
From: cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Paul O'Kane
Sent: June-03-08 6:18 AM
To: CQ-Contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer - What shall we do?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Davis" <bob at reconstructinghistory.com>

> this is, simply and respectfully put, bollocks.

Respectfully?  I think not.

> Not true?  Do not radios, amplifiers, switchboxes and
> filters cost money?  Do not towers and antennas cost
> money?  Quite the opposite of  being 'not true', it's
> self-evident to any reasonable person.

You seem to have missed the point.  Of course, all the
things you mention cost money.  But, having access to
SO2R hardware does not make anyone a competent SO2R
operator - that takes substantial self-training.

It seems to me that self-training is the difference
between SO2R and any other hardware/technology that
does not require self-training to be effective
immediately.

73,
Paul EI5DI