[CQ-Contest] Skimmer for S/O in IARU

Julius Fazekas phriendly1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 13:28:58 EDT 2008

Bob,

The stations competing as WRTC participants all have
basically the exact same station and antennas as I
understand it.

This is not true in "real world" competition.

Then there is the real estate addage: Location,
location, location... Even in WRTC, if you have a
crappy QTH all the bells and whistles won't win it.

Cheers,
Julius
n2wn

--- Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc at pclink.com> wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> "The sum of an operator is his ability to integrate
> ALL of the tools:
> technology, experience and operating skill.  A
> contest measures all
> of that - not simply the operator's ability to copy
> CW by ear."
>

> That's a pretty fair summary as far as I'm
> concerned. Look at the
> pinnacle of contesting, the WRTC events. They are
> based upon the
> three areas summarized in that statement. Although
> they are not
> a pure "Single Operator" event, they require
> technical skills beyond
> yelling into a microphone or slapping a paddle
> around the table.
>
> 73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Julius Fazekas
N2WN