[CQ-Contest] Stack Switching

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Wed Jun 4 10:48:38 EDT 2008

Fellow contesters,

I would like to add a bit more flexibility to my antenna switching
systems and I was wondering how others are solving this problem.

The example I will give you is my 10 meter tower.

Four antennas.

- 6 ele OWA that rotates
- 6 ele OWA fixed to the northeast
- 4 ele Cushcraft fixed to the southeast
- 3 ele Mosely fixed to the west

Currently I have an Ameritron RCS-8 five position remote switch and I
can select the following choices.

1 - Top rotating 6 ele
2 - Both of the OWA antennas in phase with phasing lines
3 - Lower 6 ele fixed northeast
4 - 4 ele southeast
5 - 3 ele west

I would like to be able to do a few more combinations of antennas.

The stack NE and the SE antenna for example.

It would be really nice if I could use the existing relay or
something that I already have since my budget is limited.

I also have some six position relay switches.

I have seen the N4ZR (I think) descriptions of how to use switches
like I have to do any or almost any combination of 3 and/or 4
antennas. While I do not think I need nor want to be be able to choose
every combination of the 4 antennas - I would like to be able to
have more choices that I have currently

The thing that trips me up when thinking about this is how manage the
control.  If anyone is using this system - how are you controlling the
switching?

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net