[CQ-Contest] What Skimmer is!

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 14:14:28 EDT 2008

> The whole idea of contesting is
> supposed to be a training ground for Amateurs to hone their skills.
> That includes finding a station, passing the traffic both ways, then
> repeat. It isn't contesting for it's own sake.
>
> -73 de Mike N3LI -

Fine sentiment for commenting on an FCC petition, Mike, but I honestly
don't know ANYONE (except now maybe you) who views contesting as a
"training ground".  Never heard someone in the middle of CQWWDX say "Hey
Hans, thanks for the fine training."   I'm into contesting for the
competitive rush and fun "for it's own sake".

73, de Hans, K0HB
Just a boy and his radio.