[CQ-Contest] rules

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 4 16:31:11 EDT 2008

K3NA:

 > 3.  In 2010 June, review the results of the past two years to determine
   a)  Does the use of a CW skimmer have a material impact on scores?
   b)  If yes, do the award categories need to be changed in some way?

         What do you do if records set without Skimmer were
broken *with* Skimmer?  For example I'm quite sure my 10m records
would all be higher if I had access to multipliers available to
multiop stations (with typically 10% higher mults).

CQ WW CW SOSB/10 record (2000):
28   W4ZV                     965,874   1984   37  137  00

CQ WW CWMulti-Multi record (1999):
Call: KC1XX
  10   2020      38     151       Steve K6AW,Matt

         Excuse me but it doesn't take rocket science to see the
the potential impact of Skimmer on (previously) unassisted
records.
                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV