[CQ-Contest] rules

w1md at cfl.rr.com w1md at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 4 17:36:29 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

Understand and agree. My premise was that skimmer would be lumped in as assisted.

Frankly I think skimmer would be a big advantage over packet in that it is id'ing only those stations HEARD at your location...assuming 1) that the skimmer is on a local RX, and 2) that skimmer is improved such that decoding cw gets better than the ~1uV sensitivity it shows now.

Packet introduces many bogus calls (either by accident or design, depending on the spotter) and with worldwide networks you can be seeing 'spots' for stations that are not audible at your location.

If I were KL7... I think I'd much rather run skimmer assisted than packet assisted... :))

73,

Marty
W1MD