[CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Tue Jun 10 22:10:31 EDT 2008

You can't expect the sponsors and rule makers to be clairvoyant.  Or to work
in a vacuum!

I have seen very few actual rules proposals floated here compared to the
volume of dialog on the subject of skimmer.  You never know what twist of
phrase that someone suggests will generate an "ah ha" moment for a contest
sponsor tasked with writing rules.

To those who have contributed proposals, they have been very thoughtful.
They have also demonstrated just how hard it is to make simple rules that
are easily understood while not being open to too much interpretation.  Keep
them coming.

Randy, K5ZD