[CQ-Contest] This is Logic?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 10 23:17:55 EDT 2008

N3BB:

 >As soon as we all using this "non-assisted" advance in technology, we will
be offered the attractive ability to call this station automatically when
our decoding software determines the station is needed, is not a dupe, and
has stood by for a call. ***We won't even have to hear any thing from the
station we have just "worked."***

         Exactly...and when this happens CW is relegated to
just another machine-to-machine digital mode.  This is the end
game of allowing Skimmer in unassisted.  Since we already have RTTY
contests, why create another computer-to-computer mode?
When that happens, count me out.

         What I personally enjoy in DX-ing and contesting
is the *hearing and copying* of weak signals with my own
ears and brain.  Copying those weak fluttery signals amidst
the QRM and QRN crashes.  Remove that element and I'll go
find something more interesting to do with my time.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV