[CQ-Contest] This is Logic?

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Tue Jun 10 21:49:11 EDT 2008

The idea that you will be able to unplug your speaker or headphones or
physically leave your station and run a contest on auto-pilot using the
Skimmer technology is false hope. As an operator with 40 years of RTTY
experience under my belt, there is NO competitive station that runs in a
digital contest without the aide of the Single Operator actually listening
to the band and making judgment calls as the contest progresses. Some
operators do operate "deaf", but they are nowhere near a top-10 box with
their score.

Relying strictly on technology to make all your contest decisions is a
loosing proposition.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN