[CQ-Contest] Contest Participation (U vs A)

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu Jun 12 19:43:44 EDT 2008

> Allowing Skimmer in Unassisted could have unintended consequences on
> participation.
>
>                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

how, by increasing it?  by keeping some operators on the air more?  anything
that increases interest in cw should be considered a good thing.  Nothing
else is going to get more operators on cw now that its not required to get a
license.  What else recently has brought this much discussion on operating
cw?  What else recently has provided new reasons to try cw?  Right now this
is a unique opportunity for cw operators and contesters to show that new
technology can make cw contesting interesting, even if you can't decode it
by ear.  And its unique technology that makes use of characteristics of cw
that can't yet be applied to ssb... if I had the time I would adapt it for
rtty, but I have enough other stuff to do right now, then we could start the
debate in those forums also.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net