[CQ-Contest] Skimmer and M/2, M/M

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Fri Jun 13 15:43:09 EDT 2008

> Perhaps a better fix would be to suggest that Alex to limit the Telnet
> host in CW Skimmer to one IP address - 127.0.0.1, which is local to a
> single computer or network

nope, my wintelnetx could still take that local connect and make it public,
or feed it to a cluster, or whatever.  The purpose of such a receiver, if
advertised, is obvious and would undoubtedly be classified as a remote
receiver... it would be obvious because you would have to enable non-cq
spots, which are only useful if you are trying to copy stations calling in
pileups.

There would still be the questions of:
1. accuracy of the copied calls... if you can't hear them, how can you
verify that skimmer copied the call?
2. exchanges... if you can't hear them, how do you get the exchanges?

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net