[CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge - New Category?

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Thu Jun 19 12:35:40 EDT 2008

That's an interesting idea Stan. But I see one fly in the ointment...

You said "I believe it would attract more people.  The multiplier factors
could be tweaked in a couple of years to be as fair as possible."

But I question who is going to "tweak" the multiplier factors and to what
end? Is it to tweak them so this new category will out-score all the other
classes or consistently suppress them into second-class finishes?

Heh heh... I guess I'm just primed for this kind of discussion. This morning
I've been reading too much 20th century history about the regional conflicts
of Germany, Poland, and the Czechs!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_minority_in_the_Czech_Republic

In any case, I applaud you for a suggesting a new approach (at least I
haven't read it here before).

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN