[CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Thu Jun 19 14:00:44 EDT 2008

Hmm.

> If the remote spotting of their pile-ups was perceived to provide a
> real competitive advantage, why haven't the bigger M/M stations made
> cooperative arrangements to create private spotting networks with
> their non-competing peers on the other sides of the oceans (I'll spot
> your pile-up, you spot mine)?

Actually this is one of the reasons K1TTT et al do all that spot analysis
after every contest.  It *is* understood to be advantageous, it is accepted
by most to be in bad form, it can be detected and exposed easily, and as a
reault nobody engages in it out of peer pressure because they know it makes
them look like idiots.

Mark, N5OT