[CQ-Contest] 3830 Location Designations for European Stations

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Mon Mar 3 01:20:57 EST 2008

Hi,

Since its inception, the 3830 web-based score reporting system has
subdivided European postings into three divisions: Northern Europe,
Southern Europe and Eastern Europe based on the country associated
with the call sign used. This subdivision was intended to provide
geographical summaries that reflected the propagation differences
across the continent. (Admittedly, no summaries have been published
for these subdivisions.)

Does this approach make sense? Is there a need to subdivide Europe
into geographic subregions for purposes of summarizing score rumors,
or should all European postings be aggregated in one summary? If
Europe should be subdivided, what subdivisions should be used? Please comment.

I'm in the process of revising the score reporting system and I'm
willing to implement any location categorization system for European
stations that can be determined by the call sign used.

Thanks.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)