[CQ-Contest] Boxing Ring at Dayton

saul_abrams at dps.state.ny.us saul_abrams at dps.state.ny.us
Tue Mar 4 10:22:12 EST 2008

I was doing a single band 20, so I got up at 1000Z Sunday morning to check
the band and "find" a frequency to run.  On a totally dead band  two
premier multis were both on 14.150.4 calling cq over each other like a
couple of little kids.   I assume they'd been doing that all night.  How
do you know who was there first, especially if you can't hear each other?
Silliness.
Last year in CQWW I "staked out" a frequency on a dead band to get ready
for a run only to find that when the band opened 9A7A was already there.
No point in fighting.  That's life.