[CQ-Contest] Where Do We Get Off Doing This?

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:06:27 EST 2008

> What makes us think that DX hams we contact know that Michigan is MI and
> Missouri is MO and Mississippi is MS?

Heck, what makes us think that US hams know? :-)

Sweepstakes and NAQP logs are *full* of goofs - MI gets entered for
MInnesota and MIchigan and MIssouri and MIssissippi, MO for MOntana and
MissOuri, MA for MAssachusetts and MAine. Etc etc etc.

The same concern is also there for many state QSO parties.  It is incumbent
on the station receiving the exchange to enter it into the log correctly
even though it may be helpful for the station giving out the exchange to
help them understand it.

73, Ward N0AX