[CQ-Contest] "Reverse Beacon" Test using CW Skimmer

Marijan Miletic s56a at bit.si
Tue Mar 4 18:05:20 EST 2008

N4ZR: It is likely, based on CPU loading considerations, that a real reverse
beacon capability worldwide will depend on development of a web server
capable of handling multiple simultaneous user requests, but this is a first
proof of concept

Pete, I hope you are aware of CQ WW happenings when DX Cluster network
suffers from considerable delays and N1MM Logger becomes very slow.  We
might develop strategic Skimmer network similar to NCCC beacons and have
live shorthand of HF CW.  I wouldn't call it CT1BOH democracy but increased
noise level burning DX.  Hamradio has a very bad trend causing internal QRM
with illegal power, bad cliks, TX wideband noise.  Are we all going to
operate on simulated ionosphere?

I am glad and proud K6STI and myself did NOT release CW contest robot in
1991.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU