[CQ-Contest] Skimmer reverse beacon experiment - update

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Mar 7 15:51:13 EST 2008

Today I replaced the Skimmer software with a new version that permits you
to select whether to forward all spots to Telnet, or just the ones that the
software identifies as calling CQ.  Depending on circumstances, you might
want either.  Thanks to Alex for being so accommodating to this experiment

For the last several hours it has only been spotting stations that it has
identified as CQ-ing or otherwise being ready to receive calls.  It has a
series of key phrases it looks for, including some that are specifically
relevant to contesting, like [callsign] TEST or [callsign]SS.  In "spot
everything mode, it reports every station it hears - you can imagine how
useful this would be for a DXpedition station managing a big pileup.

As you can tell, I'm sold - but please note, I have no business connection
with VE3NEA other than as an admiring user of his products.

73, Pete N4ZR