[CQ-Contest] Live Scoreboard upcoming events

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Sun Mar 9 07:28:48 EDT 2008

Sorry for the confusion for those who tried to use the scoreboard for the
rtty sprint last night.  I think Gerry got it working an hour or so into it.
The problem is that the rtty sprint is not in the list of official Cabrillo
events at: http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/tags.html
So it wasn't coded into the web site as a legal contest name, even though it
was in the calendar of events the Cabrillo filter took it out.  the cw and
ssb sprints are on there, but for some reason not rtty!  If you sponsor an
event that wants Cabrillo formatted logs, or want to have an event listed on
the real time scoreboard, you should make sure that you get in the official
list of contest abbreviations... this will help software authors to use a
consistent name for your contest.

Another confusion factor may arise next week with the Russian DX contest.
N1MM users will have to get an update before then because it is using the
Cabrillo tag 'RUSSIAN-DX' instead of the official 'RDXC'.   Check your
loggers on the test scores page to see if it will post scores before the
contest and check to make sure you have the latest updates of everything
early.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net