[CQ-Contest] Exchange Inconsistencies & Integrity

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sun Mar 9 13:01:23 EDT 2008

I think we have bigger issues in contesting than nit picking about KW,
1000, K, 1K.  All of these abbreviations have been in use for the entire
time I have been contesting.

So on 10m I am able to put out 1300 watts yet on 160 I can put out 1500.
   Maybe my second amp can only put out 500 watts so what power level
should I use?

The object is to work people as quickly as possible and that involves
making the exhcange easy to copy and understand.

Do you our anyone else really care what power I am running?  The goal is
to work the guy and copy whatever it is he sends.  We use 5NN EE and a
whole host of other other shortcuts that are easily translated to 599
1000 or whatever.

I guess we can only use our full legal names in the Qso parties now?

And we better only use the approved phonetics too or else we will get dqed?