[CQ-Contest] Get out of jail free card

Scott Robbins w4pa at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 09:13:22 EDT 2008

... that's impossible, though.  Some contest logging programs do not output the
exact frequency information to the log for every contest.  Other entrants do
not have rig control hooked to the PC, and some rigs are old enough that they
don't interface to logging programs.

The RDXC suggests this, but it is not required:  "RDXC the committee urgently
asks participants to specify frequencies (CAT System) on which QSOs were spent
in log".  Key word is "asks", not "requires".

I can't see what difference that would make, anyway.  I'm all over the band,
and changing bands, when making QSO's on the second radio.

If we're going to require any of this, we are right back to my original
suggestion from a few weeks ago: require top entrants, by request of the
adjudicators if they feel it is needed, to submit a complete recording of their
contest operation.  This would solve MANY issues, very easily.

Scott W4PA