[CQ-Contest] DXer AC6V ( SK - Feb 16, 2008 ) is laid to Rest

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:10:50 EDT 2008

* As most DXers may already know, Rod Dinkins AC6V ( SK Feb 16, 2008)
wrote a great Primer on DXing .
**"AC6V's DX101X - HF + 6 Meter Dxing " ( How to work DX)

Many hams all over the world have visited his great web site
www.ac6v.com ( It has been has been called the "Google" of ham radio )

**Rod was also collecting and researching info for a future
book on contesting at the time of his passing.

**I thought this may interest those of you who have either visited
his great web site  www.ac6v.com ( The Google of Ham Radio )
or read any of his books.

**( I have NO pecuniary interest in this matter )

73, Dennis N6KI
San Diego
*

The following link connects you to the San Diego Union Tribunes obituary.
Feel free to pass it on.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/obituaries/20080311-9999-1m11dinkins.html

Rod's service, with Full Military Honors, will be this Thursday
at Ft Rosecrans National Cemetery in Pt Loma area of San Diego

It is a very fitting site to lay Rod to rest.
As some of you know,the San Diego DX Club does Field Day nearby the
cemetery with it's
majestic 360 degree view overlooking San Diego Bay, City and the Pacific Ocean.

Rest in Peace Rod,

73, Dennis N6KI
San Diego