[CQ-Contest] Technology and Contesting

Eric Hilding b38 at hilding.com
Thu Mar 13 11:00:16 EDT 2008

Pete, N4ZR, wrote:

>This necessarily means a much higher reliance on the integrity of
participants.

Good luck with that one!

>Maybe it's naive of me, but if there were more emphasis on

>the honor system, there might be an increase in honor.

IMHO, operating ethics and honor go hand in hand.

The rampant infestation of selfish out-of-turn caller LIDS who fail to
'honor' the DX op's attempt to complete a QSO with a partial callsign during
both major DX-Peditions and Contest-Peditions (including the horrific
increase of both SSB and CW profanity), points to one and only one
conclusion:  Trust but VERIFY.

73.

Rick, K6VVA