[CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:57:12 EDT 2008

The contests are run by the people offering and judging the contest.  It is their contest and their rules.  The can set it up how ever they want.  We play by their rules.  If we can't then we don't compete.

For example if the ball shape, size & weight wasn't specifically defined in baseball, then we might see bigger or smaller balls right?  The rule for baseball narrowly defines the ball.

So for me,  if the rules do not specifically state the operator must be in some perimeter of some distance, then remote is permitted where ever remote station operation is legal with the national governing authority.  If they permit an operator only within 100Km then in order to compete, I'd have to be within 100Km.  So on and so forth.

Some contests already allow a fairly large distance between multiple transmitters using the same call.  I think one allows something over 50Km.

Best WishesRichard K5SF