[CQ-Contest] Multiple Locations, Remote or otherwise

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Tue Mar 18 10:34:45 EDT 2008

K8MR, who, I believe, invented the Single Op Multi-Station mode, wrote:

"I operate with different calls (the host's call) from each station. All  the radios are unique to each station, keeping in line with the one call per transmitter rule. I enter separate logs for each station."

<snip>

"I find it somewhat perplexing that more people have not taken up this approach to SS, as it is one heck of a lot of fun."

1.  Didn't NCCC cleverly exploit this feature of the SS rules?  The have lots of guys switching stations during SS, building up a big club score.  In fact, I think some competing clubs have started work on similar plans.  (There are reasonable arguments for and against changing the rules to disallow the practise.  I'm not advocating for either position.)

2.  "Fun" ... that's my main criterion for contesting.  (Secondary criterion is developing operator and technical skills, the societal justification for allowing ham radio to use chunks of the RF spectrum.)  I'm sure many other op's would find SOMS more fun than single-station, but some of us would not.  And some people find fun just in competing, any competition.  So, following The Baskin-Robbins principle, chose what you like, and enjoy!

73, Art K3KU
Tune for maximum fun