[CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

Guy Molinari guy_molinari at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 22:07:49 EDT 2008

I'm in a CC&R neighborhood.   Neither I nor my XYL and kids want to move.   So the idea of a remote station appeals to me.   If the contest sponsors rule against remote stations, then I'll just get in my car and drive there for contest weekends.   The nice thing about this is that I won't need an internet connection at the remote site.   No packet, no problem.   I'll just use my radio to make QSO's.   No, seriously, it would be great to be able to use my theoretical station for casual QSO's and working DX.   Actually driving to a nice place in the country to play radio appeals to me.

I realize this may not work for everyone.   Just a thought.   Or more of a dream perhaps.

73 - Guy, N7ZG