[CQ-Contest] Hunting in Africa

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Wed Mar 19 11:13:37 EDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 5:50 AM, Paul O'Kane wrote:

> What you have done is a travesty, a mockery, a corruption
> of hunting.  It devalues and diminishes hunting - you
> should be ashamed.
>
> If you want to hunt, you go hunting because that's what
> hunters do.

While I would agree that remote control hunting is ridiculous. The
analogy to remote Amateur stations is a rather big stretch, as remote
control hunting is more akin to pornography than it is to using
technology to talk or beep with people over the radio. If one wanted
to put a small network into their station, to add the same components
inside their shack that might otherwise be spread out over hundreds
of miles, and control the radio that way (all satisfying the 500
meter rule in CQWW) the experience would be the same - qso's made and
logged.

-73 de Mike N3LI -