[CQ-Contest] WPX and 30 Hour Nonsense

Milt, N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Sat Mar 22 17:12:14 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "kl7ra" <kl7ra at ptialaska.net>
To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:43 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX and 30 Hour Nonsense

> My opinion is a rule change should be for the good of everyone. A
> rule change that benefits "most" is probably okay but a rule change
> that allows a bigger advantage for some while forcing a bigger
> disadvantage on others is not a good rule change.

I finally have to toss in mis dos centavos and express my opinion regarding
one series of contests; the CQ 160's.

The rule change 4-5 years ago to move the starting time to 0000 Z was for
the benefit of only ONE GROUP (AREA); the already advantaged North American
eastern time zones.  That area now has a 3rd shot at EU whereas the western
2/3rds of the continent still only have the two nights.  EXTREMELY SLANTED
CHANGE!!!!!!!  There was NO OTHER REASON to make the change and there was no
other areas affected positively or adversely.

de Milt, N5IA