[CQ-Contest] RTTY replace CW contesting??

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Sat Mar 29 06:38:23 EDT 2008

Steve London wrote: "Yeah...change the ARRL RTTY Roundup to ARRL RTTY SS.
Makes good sense"

I'm sure that if the folks that started ARRL RTTY Roundup, would have wanted
a "copy" of SS, they would have done so? I'm also sure that if the
"nearsightedness" that seems prevalent in this, and several other, posts,
would have been followed, technology, as we know it today, would not exist?
IMHO, there is room for everyone to choose their "fun", without being
ridiculed for that choice? Hopefully we shall all live long enough to see
that the "truth of the matter" is: "CW, if for no other reason, the
relaxation of requiring CW as a requirement for licensing, will surely
disappear"
Have fun, allow others their choice of fun, and coexist peacefully?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW