[CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Sun Mar 30 19:09:24 EDT 2008

A long time ago in a land far, far, away we used to have to sign this form
when we mailed in our logs:
""""This is to certify that in this contest I have operated
my transmitter within the limitations of my license and
have observed fully the rules and regulations of the contest.""""

We don't do it anymore because of electronic filing....
Here in the U.S.A. lately we have had a problem following rules(i.e. the
Democratic Party).
I am in favor of DQing those stations because it's a rule. I am also in
favor of leaving the rule in place because it gives the casual contesters a
small 'breathing' space before they enter the number. That applies to CW as
well as phone. It also sets a bad example for the beginners that they can do
whatever they please, without regard to the rules. Whether we like it, or
not, without the casual guys and beginners we wouldn't have contests.
Just my -2 cents worth......73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.n7mal.com
The wisest men follow their own direction.