[CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

Dave/KA1NCN dave at ka1n.cn
Mon Mar 31 05:32:05 EDT 2008

Why disqualify the big gun?  Every station that works him as the opportunity to demand a signal report.  In fact, they have the duty!  Yet, in listening to a few stations giving serial numbers only this weekend (probably 3 or 4 hours in total), I never heard a single one ask for a signal report.    Secondly, I disagree with the notion that a report is entirely subjective.  The “S” part, as I understand it, is supposed to be derived from whatever one’s S-meter is reading.  So, at a minimum, a third party, standing over the shoulder of the “giver” of the report would be able to verify that at a given moment a signal caused a certain S-meter to give a certain reading.
    73, Dave/KA1NCN dave at ka1n.cn