[CQ-Contest] Improper WPX Exchanges

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Mon Mar 31 08:20:46 EDT 2008

No, it is not.
At the time the RST reporting system was developed S-meters were entirely
not existing.

http://www.hamuniverse.com/rst.html

Most S-meters are useless for signal strength measurement anyway considered
S9=50µV.
S-meters won´t work if AGC is switched off (cw-contest) or attenuation is
switched in.

In a contest if you run on a frequency being called by a station it often is
59 and in the next moment you have 9+20 qrm on top of that station and you
have to ask several times for repeats.
Are you going to change the report to Q2 every time?

Most signals have been higher then S9 on the weekend, what about those
reports?

73
Peter