[CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using "skimmer"are there?

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Thu May 1 09:11:34 EDT 2008

From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk at msn.com>

> tree at kkn.net writes:
>
>  I am starting to agree with those who think the time has come
>  to send  in an audio file (or CD) along with your log.
>
>  =====================
>
> Jimk8mr at aol.com responds:
>
>  I disagree that an audio file should  be required.
>
>  =====================
>
> What is your rationale, Jim?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed - W0YK

Hi Ed:

How am I supposed to create an audio file or CD?  Lug along yet ANOTHER computer,
jack it into my SO2R setup, try to balance recording levels, make sure IT doesn't crash
during the contest, burn the CD, make sure it's OK, mail it somewhere...too much
trouble by far.  I don't know if trying to record will have subtle effects on the Windows
logging programs (stutters in CW perhaps), but I'm basically positive I can't manage it
on the DOS ones.  :-)

I'm far too lazy to want to take this on and I certainly don't want to lug ANOTHER computer
around just to do this, especially to Canada or the Caribbean.  Not having a station
at my house, I have more than enough stuff to lug around and worry about.

73,

Mark, KD4D