[CQ-Contest] Contest UTC Local Visualizer...

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Thu May 1 14:30:05 EDT 2008

This weekend there will be 4 county-style contests on the air with mobile and fixed stations activating counties. These are the 7-landers, the Northeast gang, the Indiana operators, and the US-wide County Hunters group.

Wow! A lot of activity!

To help me visualize what contests are running at what times, and what overlaps will occur, I created a "Visualizer Tool" using Excel. The worksheet reveals the 4-hour period where all 4 contests are active simultaneously as well as the start/stop times for each contest.

Download your free copy from here:  http://chudek.aberon.net  and navigate into the Minnesota Wireless Assn folder. The filename is "Contest UTC Local Visualizer" and is in XLS file format.

An added bonus is the UTC offset feature where you input the hours your local time is offset from UTC and the worksheet will automatically adjust the contest period to your local date/time.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN