[CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjectsusing"skimmer" are there?

Robert Naumann w5ov at w5ov.com
Wed May 7 00:11:32 EDT 2008

Saul,

I think you may have misunderstood my position on this perhaps by the
twisting of what I said by others. I *do not support* required submission of
logs within one hour of the end of contests for *all* entrants.

I am mostly opposing the various predictions that such a rule would prevent
a new contester from entering a contest at all.

That said, I could see that if someone wants to be considered for an award,
the contest rules might require submission within one hour of the end of a
contest - again, as I also said - recognizing that there would need to be
exceptions - which I also predicted would be allowed by contest sponsors
routinely.

This is where the line is drawn. If you're serious and trying to win, I
think it is reasonable for those people to have their logs in within one
hour of the end of the contest.

Let's face it, most of us no longer enter contests seriously - so this would
not apply to many of us. Certainly if you're going out for dinner and a
movie with your XYL at all during a contest weekend, you are not operating
seriously and not competing for an award so this would not impact you or
your log submission at all.

Back to net.

73,

Bob W5OV