[CQ-Contest] Repeating an idea from the 7QP soapbox...

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 21:27:58 EDT 2008

Ok, now that there have been some very good suggestions... let me add my teeny bark...
as it were.
1. Keep the rst ... use it as you want.. however.. it does some things for folks... and can easily be ignored by those that desire to.
2. May it take a couple years.. to accomplish.. but how about... just think about this... how about all the state QPs... having the same exchange.. keeping the same date that they have now.. and at the end of the season.. (whenever that were to be determined to be).. those that may want to.. send their very own aggragate log.. with a total score.. with each QP keeping their own scoring but when added together.. also keeping the scoreing... i.e. the aggragate log is a list of Qs... and mults that apply only to that particular contest..
And just exactly what kind of bragging rights would the winner have of that?
Think about it...  consider it..... the log checkers would have a very large data base to compare or cross check to see if station X actually made a Q with Station Y at specified time.
But the math would only apply to the addition at the end... or the total scoring added.
Total number of points... period. And that would pretty much do away with the "black hole" theory... and all the rest of the pet peeves. Including those that I don't even want to get close to. Now the best part. Next year... all I have to do is remember what my last year's total was... had if this year is any higher.... done deal.. who wins? Everyone.? who... aw never mind.
What think?--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy