[CQ-Contest] Going past 10

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Wed May 21 08:11:36 EDT 2008

At the Contest University I gave a talk on Contesting Ethics.  During the
section on obeying power limits, I made a reference to turning the knob past
10 to 11 as a metaphor for breaking the rules.  Several people in the
audience identified the movie this was from (Spinal Tap).

K1DG found a video clip from the movie that explains it all.  Be sure to
watch all the way to the end.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d54UU-fPIsY

And just because the knob on your amplifier might let you go to 11 (or 12,
or 13, or even more), please remember contesting is a game and it only works
if everyone trusts each other to stay within the rules!

Randy, K5ZD