[CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Sat May 24 01:46:49 EDT 2008

There's two parts to this. The first part is clear by Randy's statement,
regarding using skimmer within your own station not connected to anything
else (internet). You can do that and remain in the Single Op class.

The second part is for the people in Assisted or Multi Op class where they
CAN be connected to the internet and receive spots. I believe Stan's
question is in that context. A skimmer sitting somewhere in EU is in effect
a remote receiver for someone gleaning spots from it while operating in NA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Stan, but I think this is what you are asking
about. But being 6 hours into the event, it's probably pretty moot at this
point.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN