[CQ-Contest] Skimmer in CQ WPX CW

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Sat May 24 08:54:29 EDT 2008

---- David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt at arrl.net> wrote:
> I think he made it perfectly clear:

> "The current single op rules do not prevent the use of a skimmer located within your own station."

> Note the 'within your own station' part of the sentence...  is that not
> clear enough to mean that using a skimmer located on another continent is not within the single op rules??

David,

I really try my best to make a habit of reading what the other guy
has said before I respond to something.  It would be a good thing
if you did the same.  We have had this very same probelm in the past.

What we were discussing ONLY pertained to assisted and
multi-operator and Skimmer set ups that were not local.  Here is is again, right out of the box at the beginning of the original e-mail:

"Just curious Randy.  Someone in Europe has a CW Skimmer
set  up and a multi-operator or assisted entrant in the USA is
using it. "

Please let me know if you see anything in this e-mail that indicates we are talking about a single operator, unassisted entrant or a local Skimmer Spotting set up.  Good grief!  How can it be made more clear?

73...Stan, K5GO